For the latest restrictions announced by Nova Scotia and Public Health, please click HERE.
Dear EHCC Members,
4TH ANNUAL WORKPLACE EDUCATION CELEBRATION
Have you taken a Workplace Education Program through the East Hants & Districts Chamber of Commerce in-person or online? If so, you’re invited to join in the celebration of the hard work and commitment of you and many others.
Wednesday, November 17th at 6:30pm at the East Hants Sportsplex.
Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There will be food, networking, presentations, guest speakers and CAKE!
Have you completed a Program Pathway?
Through the East Hants Workplace Education Program, we recognize those who have completed ‘streams’ or ‘pathways’ of programs, such as the Financial Pathway or the Technology Pathway, where participants have completed the required programs in a certain area of skills training.
We would like to present those who have completed a pathway with a certificate of recognition. To find out if you qualify for a pathway certificate please visit: Program Pathways. If you have, please email email@example.com with the name of the completed pathway and your name.
We hope you can join us!
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you joined the conversation on Atlantic IMPRESSIONS?
Current survey: Today the Chamber network is exploring innovation and the adoption of new technology among businesses in Atlantic Canada in 2022.
Will your business be integrating new tech in 2022? Take the survey.
See what others are saying about the issues that affect you and the difference your impression makes. https://www.atlanticchamber.ca/atlantic-impressions
EAST HANTS SHOP LOCAL CAMPAIGN
As you may be aware, the EHCC is running a Shop Local campaign to help inspire members of East Hants and surrounding areas to take advantage of the wonderful shops and services available right here in our own backyards.
Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Local businesses can be featured on the campaign website. Provide us with a logo, your contact info, any social media handles for your business, and we’ll make sure that you’re featured on the campaign website.
- Consider a special or a giveaway to help promote your business.
- Host the shop local teddy bear who will be part of the contests.
- Participate in the pass-port by awarding stickers with purchases.
- Advertise your participation with window decals, shopping bags, and social media posts.
- Be a ballot box location for the completed passports to be dropped off.
- Send us content to share on the Shop Local social media pages.
For more information please visit: Shop eh! Letter to Business Community
Want to participate? Please let us know and provide the above information to email@example.com
On October 21, 2021, Minister Chrystia Freeland, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance announced the following.
The government is proposing the following changes to business support programs:
- Extend the Canada Recovery Hiring Program until May 7, 2022, for eligible employers with current revenue losses above 10 per cent and increase the subsidy rate to 50 per cent. The extension would help businesses continue to hire back workers and to create the additional jobs Canada needs for a full recovery.
- Deliver targeted support to businesses that are still facing significant pandemic-related challenges. Support would be available through two streams:
- Tourism and Hospitality Recovery Program, which would provide support through the wage and rent subsidy programs, to hotels, tour operators, travel agencies, and restaurants, with a subsidy rate of up to 75 per cent.
- Hardest-Hit Business Recovery Program, which would provide support through the wage and rent subsidy programs, would support other businesses that have faced deep losses, with a subsidy rate of up to 50 per cent.
The East Hants and Districts Chamber of Commerce is made up of a volunteer board of directors and various volunteer committees. Each year new positions become available, and we work to add new professionals to our team who are motivated to help make a positive change for our membership and community.
If you are interested in joining this dynamic and progressive team either as a committee member or a director, and are motivated to help out in our Chamber, please fill out the following Application Form:
The selection committee will consider all names. Please be as complete as possible when answering questions about the individual or business.