The East Hants & Districts Chamber of Commerce is pleased to present the 2014 Business Excellence Awards Gala.
The evening will include a gala reception, dinner, keynote speaker and award presentations. Last year’s sold out gala attracted guests from throughout East Hants and beyond.
Tuesday, 21 October 2014
Alt Hotel, Halifax Airport – 6:00pm – 10:00pm
A limited amount of tickets are available now to purchase on our EventBrite page on a first come, first served basis.
Ticket price is $70 + HST.
Parking included in ticket price.
6:00pm – 7:00pm
Cash only bar
Dinner & Award Presentations
Featured Keynote Speaker
Pete Luckett, born entrepreneur and owner of Pete’s Frootique and
He’ll share his know-how about
Destination Workplaces – A Place of Choice!
Business Dress Attire
Twitter Hashtag: #ehccgala
The Business Excellence Awards are presented in nine categories to deserving companies and individuals in the East Hants and surrounding business communities. This year’s finalists are:
Business of the Year
- Car Quest (East Hants Auto Parts Limited)
- Catering Unlimited
- Curtis Customs
Business Person of the Year
- Dr. Kim McCarthy, The Hearing Specialists Limited
- Thomas Parker, Parker’s Service Station Limited
- Warren Yuill, Cresthaven by the Sea – Bed & Breakfast
Community Booster of the Year
- Burntcoat Head Park Association
- East Hants Family Resource Centre
- Elmsdale Legion “CareActors”
Outstanding Customer Service – Individual
- Bruce Harvey, Ettingers Home Hardware
- Bill Ingarfield, Enfield Pharmachoice
- Sheila Wentworth, Robin’s Donuts (Enfield Esso)
Outstanding Customer Service – Team
- McNeill’s Shell Store Full-Time Day Staff: Tammy Ross, Sheila Brown, Cecile Lloy
- Ettinger Funeral Home – Staff
- Withrows Farm Market & Rocky Knoll Farm Meat Shop, Belnan- Staff
- Integrity Cheques and Balances Inc.
- Mac’s On-Site Oil Change Inc.
- Rocaro Alpacas
Tom Parker Chamber Member of the Year
- East Hants Community Learning Association & Community Rider
- Sharon Prest
Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Whitney Burgess – Whitney’s Shear Design
- Jessica Edgar – Branching Out Natural Parenting and Living
- Terri-Lynn Warren – Terri-Lynn Warren Photography
Lifetime Achievement Award – award recipient to be announced at the gala
Congratulations to all of the finalists!