The East Hants Workplace Education Partnership* is pleased to offer FREE ten week, 40 hour classes to provide essential skills programs to our business owners, managers and employees in East Hants & Districts. These courses are valued at up to $5,000 and are offered to businesses FREE! Invest your time to learn skills essential for you business! Call today 883-1010 for more information.
*The East Hants Workplace Education Partnership is a voluntary steering committee with representatives from the East Hants & Districts Chamber of Commerce, NS Department of Labour and Advanced Education, CBDC Hants-Kings, East Hants Community Learning Association, Futureworx and the Municipality of East Hants Department of Economic & Business Development. The courses are fully funded by the Nova Scotia Department of Advanced Education and Labour under its Workplace Education Initiative.
See below for the courses running now. Watch this space for courses to come in the fall of 2014.
Social Media for Business
Essential Business Skills: 40-hour Course at NO COST to participants!
Want to use social media to reach your business target market but need to know the ins and outs of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn? Topics include:
- effective use of Facebook for business purposes
- using LinkedIn to effectively grow your own network of contacts
- understanding Twitter, how it works, and its advantages in building customer relationships
- determining Return on Investment (ROI) from Facebook efforts using Facebook’s measuring tools
- sorting direct sales leads from indirect sales leads
- creating and implementing awareness campaigns or contests on Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest while following best practices
- leveraging the sales opportunities (and building customer trust) with same
- tips and shortcuts for social media
- etiquette for social media
Instructor: Matthew Guy
Schedule: Tuesday evenings for 11 weeks
Start Date: Tuesday April 22
Time: 5:30 – 9:00 pm
Location: East Hants & Districts Chamber of Commerce Boardroom
Parker Place (beside Home Hardware) at 8 Old Enfield Road, Enfield
This course is a hands on, how to use social media to grow and support your business. It is recommended for business owners, managers and employees who have at least basic familiarity with computers (for example, the ability to set up a gmail account for yourself) and a basic idea of their marketing strategy (for example, you know who your target market is and what message you want to get out there).
Building Business Relationships
- Connecting with employees and customers from different generations
- Dealing with difficult people
- Building a team that functions and produces
- Maximizing your customer relationships
- Adapting to various communication styles
Instructor: Debbie Lawrence of Abundant Living
Schedule: Wednesday mornings for 10 weeks
Start Date: Wednesday April 16 Time: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Location: East Hants & Districts Chamber of Commerce Boardroom, Parker Place (beside Home Hardware) at 8 Old Enfield Road, Enfield
This course is a recommended foundation course for the upcoming leadership course. People who have completed this communications course will have the first opportunity to participate in the leadership course.
Dollars and Sense: Financial Management Basics for Your Business
- Understand what the government wants and how to provide it quicker and easier
- Get to know your finances better so you can concentrate on growing your business
- Take stock of your business and tweak it to make greater profits
- Protect yourself from the government rules and regulations
- Comply and prosper! Breakthrough the red tape and make it work for you
Instructor: Lynn MacKinnon of MacKinnon Accounting
Schedule: Thursday mornings for 10 weeks
Start Date: Thursday April 24 Time: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
Location: East Hants Community Learning Association Classroom, 5 Mill Village Road (courthouse building) in Shubenacadie
This course is a recommended foundation course for later Sage 50 courses.